Respiratory Care Services
Barlow’s Respiratory Care Services Department supports in-patient services at Barlow Respiratory Hospital main campus in Los Angeles and at our satellite units twenty-four  hours a day, seven  days a week. Services are provided to adult and geriatric patients and include:
Barlow Respiratory Therapists are trained professionals who are:
- Licensed respiratory care practitioners or licensed respiratory therapists, in the State of California (RRT or RCP)
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certified
- Los Angeles City Fire Card trained
Barlow’s Wound Care Program helps clear up problems that may delay the healing process. Often, difficult to heal wounds complicate the treatment of other serious conditions, such as cardiac, pulmonary, neuromuscular, endocrine, and renal diseases.
Led by a certified wound care specialist, Barlow provides comprehensive, interdisciplinary intervention in wound care management. The Barlow team addresses underlying causes that may delay healing, as it applies state-of-the-art care to the actual wound. Including daily physician visits, each patient is provided with the full range of therapies needed to improve the quality of life and maximize function and well-being. From complex and multiple pressure ulcers, to traumatic and surgical wounds, Barlow provides treatment for healing complicated medical problems.
Wound Care patients receive treatment at Barlow when they have:
- Stage III or IV pressure ulcers
- Surgical or traumatic wounds
- Wounds complicated by existing diseases
- Wounds requiring highly technical care, nutritional support, or complex dressings