Clinical Nursing Supervisor
Under the direction of the Clinical Manager, the Clinical Nursing Supervisor is responsible for the coordination of activities of patient care. He/she is responsible for providing; directing and evaluating patient care as delivered by self and patient care team. He/she coordinates services rendered by outside support services on an on-going basis. He/she demonstrates clinical competence of nursing practice and leadership ability. He/she serves as role model for the staff, demonstrating behavior consistent with the mission and goals of the organization.
The leadership standards and responsibilities of this position include effective performance of the following processes and their related activities.
- Plans and designs department services that reflect long-range, strategic, and operational plans, service design, resource allocation, and organizational policies consistent with the hospital’s mission.
- Directs department services by organizing, directing and staffing for patient care and support services that are commensurate with the scope of services offered.
- Integrates and coordinates department services consistent with the hospital’s objectives in the integration of patient care and support services throughout the organization.
- Improves department performance by establishing expectations and plans, setting priorities, and managing processes to measure, systematically assess, and implement improvements consistent with the hospital’s governance, management, clinical, and support services.
- Current California RN license
- Current BCLS certification
- Current ACLS certification
- Critical Care certification desirable
- Current Los Angeles County Fire Card or within 90days of employment
- BSN preferred
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines (Title XXII, JCAHO Standards)
The patient population served at Barlow Respiratory Hospital has a significant number of geriatric patients. The Clinical Coordinator must possess the ability to understand and respond to their unique needs.
Barlow Respiratory Hospital is an award-winning, nationally recognized hospital known for providing exceptional patient care. Our interdisciplinary Barlow team works together to provide highly specialized direct and indirect patient care. Our team integrates biopsychosocial concepts, cognitive skills, and technically competent practice to care for patients with chronic critical illnesses and complex respiratory conditions. Barlow Respiratory Hospital welcomes experienced dedicated professionals to join us to serve patients, their families and our community. Complete an Application for Employment now.
Barlow Respiratory Hospital is a long-term acute care hospital (LTACH) with more than a century of service to our community. We value teamwork and we offer opportunities for professional growth, a generous benefits package and a chance to make a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
We welcome caring nursing professionals with experience in adult critical care. If you think you have what it takes to be on our Barlow team, apply today!