Clinical Pharmacist – Full Time
Position Title: Clinical Pharmacist – Supervisor
Location: Barlow Main Campus, Los Angeles
Hours/Shifts: Full Time
The CPS is a graduate of an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy registered in the State of California who is accountable for the daily operations in the pharmacy and management of the department staff, including pharmacists and pharmacy technicians. The CPS, a hands-on working position, actively participates in daily distribution and clinical activities. Because we are a small collegial group the CPS has the opportunity to help shape the development and scope of our pharmacy service. Barlow Respiratory Hospital receives clinically complex patients still requiring acute care from an array of premier tertiary short term acute care facilities, allowing an opportunity for personal development and growth. The CPS will contribute to design, evaluate and implement the patients’ pharmaceutical plan of care. The CPS facilitates, coordinates, and oversees the operations and care provided by the pharmacy team members. The CPS promotes improved patient care outcomes while facilitating reduction of adverse drug events. Provides education, training and mentoring to all staff regarding all aspects of their professional responsibilities and assigned tasks. Proactively collaborates in the provision of patient care services across professional boundaries. Improves quality of care, assists in the preparation of staff with competencies to meet expected outcomes, utilizes evidence-based practice to attain high quality outcomes and assists the Director with employee evaluations, promotes education and mentoring/ coaching of staff in a blame free environment. Initiates change to facilitate systems which support quality outcomes. Assumes the role of director, when assigned and functions well in crisis and situations of uncertainty.
Experience, Education and Licensure Required
- Current California Pharmacist (PharmD) licensure.
- Current BLS certification (ACLS recommended).
- Two (2) years of recent clinical experience in an acute care hospital (ASHP Accredited Residency can count toward 1 year)
Skills and Abilities Required:
- 2 years recent hospital experience (ASHP Accredited Residency can serve as 1 of those 2 years)
- Actively engaged with commitment, and taking ownership of Pharmacy Process
both distribution and clinical participation
- Critical thinking, problem solving, driven, initiative, multitasking, organize & prioritizing workload and able to function independently
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Demonstrated skill in effectively communicating and active listening skills with peers, supervisors, physicians, patients and family members.
- Ability to interact positively with a broad range of co-workers, promoting teamwork.
- Demonstrated initiative to ensure quality patient care, customer satisfaction and infection control compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and delegate tasks, and supervise the work of pharmacy technicians.
- Ability to enforce established policy and procedure in daily management of pharmacy operations.
- Experience with medication reconciliation, drug regimen review.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- ASHP Accredited Residency
- Experienced with Antimicrobial Stewardship, appropriate antibiotic selection, duration, etc.
- Experience with automated dispensary devices e.g.: Pyxis or Omnicell
- Meditech order entry/order verification
- Working Knowledge of TJC Standards, USP 797 and 800
Area: Ability to work in the downtown Los Angeles area
Job Type: Full-time, exempt, salaried