Occupational Therapist, Registered – Per Diem
Plans and administers occupational therapy services, such as assessments, teaching energy conservation techniques and activities of daily living, to facilitate rehabilitation of physically or cognitively impaired patients.
Provides occupational therapy services (e.g., assessments, energy conservation, activities of daily living, etc.), which promote quality and continuity of patient care. Supervises, reviews and co-signs occupational therapy evaluations performed by COTA’s.
- Integrates occupational therapy services into the interdisciplinary plan of patient care.
- Communicates on an ongoing basis with patients, families and staff.
- Actively participates in hospital committee and patient team conferences.
- Participates in the initiation and maintenance of a safe environment of care for patients and family.
- Participates in the development and planning of occupational therapy services.
- Participates in the continuing education, development and performance improvement programs.
- Demonstrates professional behavior.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Graduate of an Occupational Therapy education program accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association
Minimum 3 years clinical experience in an acute care and/or rehabilitation setting
- Certified to practice Occupational Therapy in the State of California and be registered with the Board of Medical Examiners, State of California
- Current CPR Card
- Current Los Angeles County Fire Card within 90 days of employment.
Barlow Respiratory Hospital is an award-winning, nationally recognized hospital known for providing exceptional patient care. Our interdisciplinary Barlow team works together to provide highly specialized direct and indirect patient care. Our team integrates biopsychosocial concepts, cognitive skills, and technically competent practice to care for patients with chronic critical illnesses and complex respiratory conditions. Barlow Respiratory Hospital welcomes experienced dedicated professionals to join us to serve patients, their families and our community. Complete an Application for Employment today.