Physical Therapy Aide
Position Title: Physical Therapy Aide
Location: Barlow Main Campus, Los Angeles
Department: Physical Therapy
Hours/Shifts: Per Diem – Days (7770-08); Union
Job Summary: Responsible for provision and administration of specific physical therapy treatments only under the direct supervision of the Registered Physical Therapist, including assisting with restoration of patient functioning to prevent disability following injury, disease or physical disability. Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities. Performs clerical duties. Participates in all infection control, departmental equipment training, organizational safety and fire safety programs.
Experience, Education and Licensure Required:
- Equivalent to high school graduation.
- One year of related training and/or patient-related or human services work experience.
- Current BCLS certification.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Basic awareness of physical medicine, physical therapy modalities, anatomy and physiology.
- Ability to establish rapport with patients.