Respiratory Therapist (7720-45)
Position Title: Respiratory Therapist, RCP III
Location: Barlow Van Nuys Campus, VPH
Department: Respiratory Care Services
Hours/Shifts: Full Time– Nights
Union: Union/Non-Exempt (2 positions available)
The RCP III responsibilities and duties encompass the following services; Respiratory Care Services, Pulmonary and Specials Procedures Laboratory. The RCP initiates and completes physician orders in the assessment, management, diagnostic and rehabilitative evaluation and care of patients with respiratory deficiencies and abnormalities. Under the supervision of the Medical Director and Department Director, the RCP III is responsible for providing cardiopulmonary care services in accordance with specific physician’s orders, department policies and procedures.
Experience, Education and Licensure Required:
- Current California RCP licensure and registration as a RRT.
- Current BLS certification.
- One year of experience in all aspects of cardiopulmonary services.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to use ABG machine, ventilators, IPPB, EKG, bedside PF screeners.
- Ability to perform chest PT.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.