Job Summary: Responsible for consultative social services at Barlow Respiratory Hospital. Provide orientation and education to the nursing, clinical staff, patients and families. Implement programs, policies and procedures, conduct casework services and counseling and recommend functions necessary to ensure optimum patient outcome during and after hospitalization. Acts as liaison with State agencies involved in social services.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbal and in writing ( additional languages preferred)
- Ability to fulfill social service case management requirements within established timeframes
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to effectively identify and utilize public resources
Experience, Education and Licensure Required
- Master of Social Work MSW from an accredited University
- Current State Clinical Social Worker License
- Two or more years experience in social work and discharge planning
Barlow Respiratory Hospital is an award-winning, nationally recognized hospital known for providing exceptional patient care. Our interdisciplinary Barlow team works together to provide highly specialized direct and indirect patient care. Our team integrates biopsychosocial concepts, cognitive skills, and technically competent practice to care for patients with chronic critical illnesses and complex respiratory conditions. Barlow Respiratory Hospital welcomes experienced dedicated professionals to join us to serve patients, their families and our community. Complete an Application for Employment now.