Responsible for administration and direct application of speech/language pathology treatment modalities as prescribed by a referring physician. Evaluates plans, directs and treats all patients referred to speech/language Pathology. Provides treatments to restore function and prevent disability following disease or injury. Provides swallowing diagnostic evaluations and interventions as indicated.
- Masters Degree in Communicative Sciences and Disorders.
- Current CA Licensure in Speech Pathology (as Speech Pathologist).
- Knowledge of principals and practice of speech pathology.
- One year of experience in the treatment of speech and language pathology.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Ability to relate to patients and to communicate effectively in English.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of equipment utilized in the diagnosis, evaluation and treatment of speech pathology.
- Ability to determine appropriate patient processes and evaluate results.