Why Choose Barlow Respiratory Hospital?
At Barlow Respiratory Hospital, we provide the highest quality respiratory care. Our expert team of Barlow Physicians, Nurses and Therapists draw upon more than a century of respiratory health expertise.
We are the only not-for-profit Long-Term Care Hospital (LTCH) in California. We specialize in serving medically complex patients dependent on a ventilator to take their next breath. We were founded in 1902 and are dedicated to achieving the best possible outcomes for quality of life.
- Our exceptional success rate in weaning patients from ventilators, nearly 60%, is the highest in Los Angeles and among the highest in the nation.
- Our nationally recognized TIPS© Protocol is evidence-based and helps patients regain the ability to breathe on their own.
- Everything we do is patient-based and team-oriented. Our Barlow team works with patients and families to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- We have a legacy of specialized respiratory care and are trusted for our expertise.
- Doctors from hospitals throughout Southern California refer their most medically complex and fragile patients to Barlow Respiratory Hospital.
- Our programs and expertise include:
- Ventilator Weaning
- Long Term Care Hospital (LTCH)
- Care for the Medically Complex Patient
- Respiratory Care
- Wound Care
- We are the only Passy-Muir Speaking Valve Center of Excellence in the Western United States.
- We are accredited by the Joint Commission.
- We are an award-winning provider of Respiratory Care.
ADMITTING A PATIENT
Physicians do not need an existing affiliation with Barlow Respiratory Hospital to refer a patient for our specialized care. Patients can be transferred to Barlow Respiratory Hospital from any medical facility…Read More >