Central Service Technician
Position Title: Central Service Technician
Department: Materials Management
Hours/Shifts: Per Diem, Variable
Orders, receives, cleans, decontaminates and sterilize equipment. Monitoring stock levels and identifying purchasing needs. Receives, stores, and stock supplies. Good understanding of supply chain procedures. Responsible for decontamination, cleaning, processing and sterilization of supplies and equipment dispensed by the department following established infection control practices. Must be conscientious with regard to procedures and capable of working under pressure and interacting professionally with other departments within the hospital.
Experience, Education and Licensure Required:
- Graduate of high school, or GED, some college preferred
- CRCST (Certified Registered Central Service Technician)
- Hands-on experience with purchasing software (e.g. MediTech)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Solid organizational skills
- One year of experience as Central Service Technician or completion of certification program.
- Valid Driver’s License