Clinical Laboratory Scientist
Responsible for performing high-complexity testing in all areas of the clinical laboratory: blood transfusion service, chemistry, hematology, microbiology, urinalysis and coagulation.
Performs quality control and instrument checks per policy.
Operates and maintains laboratory equipment safely and correctly.
Experience, Education and Licensure Required:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry or Biology
- State licensure as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- State licensure as a Clinical Microbiologist Scientist
- Five+ year of technical experience in a hospital clinical laboratory
- Microbiology experience preferred but not required
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform duties with exacting detail
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment correctly and safely.