Why Choose Barlow?
At Barlow Respiratory Hospital, we provide the highest quality respiratory care. Our expert team of Barlow Physicians, Nurses and Therapists draw upon more than a century of respiratory health expertise.
We are the only not-for-profit Long-Term Acute Care Hospital (LTACH) in Los Angeles and we specialize in serving patients with chronic critical illness and complex respiratory conditions who are dependent on a ventilator to take their next breath. We were founded in 1902 and are dedicated to achieving the best possible outcomes for quality of life.
- Our exceptional success rate in weaning patients from ventilators, nearly 60%, is the highest in Los Angeles and among the highest in the nation.
- Our nationally recognized TIPS© Protocol is evidence-based and helps patients regain the ability to breathe on their own.
- Our Barlow team works with patients and families to achieve the best possible outcomes.
- We have a legacy of specialized respiratory care and are trusted for our expertise.
- Doctors from hospitals throughout Southern California refer their most medically complex and fragile patients to Barlow Respiratory Hospital.
- Our programs and expertise include:
Ventilator WeaningLong-Term Acute CareRespiratory CareWound CareMedically Complex PatientsCompassionate, Quality Care
Barlow Respiratory Hospital is Accredited and Award Winning:
- Joint Commission Accredited for Quality of Care
- Certified in Management of Respiratory Failure
- Passy-Muir Speaking Valve Center of Excellence
- Quality Respiratory Care Award