Licensed Medical Social Worker
Job Summary: The Case Manager Recruiter assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the needs of incoming patients for planning and utilization review. Coordinates new patient planning with physicians, Nursing, Social Services, patient and significant others who have an ongoing relationship with the patient. Reviews patient procedures and DRG status against criteria for Medicare, Medicaid and other insurance coverage.
Skills and Abilities Required
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in State of California.
- Three years clinical experience working with medically complex patients.
- Working knowledge of criteria for Medicare, Medicaid, HMO and private insurance coverage.
- One year of experience in acute hospital UR or discharge planning.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, family, physicians and other staff.
Barlow Respiratory Hospital is an award-winning, nationally recognized hospital known for providing exceptional patient care. Our interdisciplinary Barlow team works together to provide highly specialized direct and indirect patient care. Our team integrates biopsychosocial concepts, cognitive skills, and technically competent practice to care for patients with chronic critical illnesses and complex respiratory conditions. Barlow Respiratory Hospital welcomes experienced dedicated professionals to join us to serve patients, their families and our community. Complete an Application for Employment now.