Position Title: Admitting Representative
Location: Los Angeles
Hours/Shift: Full Time, Days, Exempt
Job Summary: The Admitting Representative coordinates the patient admission review process through all phases from initial referral through either admission or rejection and serves as contact point with BRH’s remote business office. Key contacts include referring hospital case management departments, physicians, BRH clinical liaisons, insurance company case managers and insurance verifiers, BRH pharmacy staff, and Nursing Supervisors. Key steps in the process include receipt and assignment of patient referrals, insurance verification and authorization requests, maintenance of the admitting data base, MAR review coordination, bed assignment monitoring, and patient registration in the Meditech System. remote business office support functions include forwarding of patient payment information, securing MediCal TARs, and responding to carious information requests.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Five years experience performing administrative support functions, preferably in a hospital
- Knowledge of hospital business systems
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel Access and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate clearly and handle the public with tact and empathy
- Excellent problem-solving and customer service skills
Barlow Respiratory Hospital is an award-winning, nationally recognized hospital known for providing exceptional patient care. Our interdisciplinary Barlow team works together to provide highly specialized direct and indirect patient care. Our team integrates biopsychosocial concepts, cognitive skills, and technically competent practice to care for patients with chronic critical illnesses and complex respiratory conditions. Barlow Respiratory Hospital welcomes experienced dedicated professionals to join us to serve patients, their families and our community. Complete an Application for Employment now.