HOUSEKEEPER – EVS – Part Time
Performs a variety of general tasks in maintaining patient rooms, offices, hallways, or other assigned areas of the Hospital in a sanitary and attractive condition.
- Uses proper techniques in all cleaning tasks.
- Takes part in the Facility’s OPI program.
- Dusts furniture, woodwork, equipment, and dust mops floors. Polishes and cleans fixtures in utility rooms and bathrooms.
- May operate mechanical floor cleaners, polishers, and vacuums.
- Wet mops rooms, halls, stairways, and public areas. May strip, wax, buff, and polish floors and shampoo rugs and furniture. Cleans vents and other equipment using vacuum machines. Cleans lighting fixtures tops of windows, door frames, and high areas using a ladder. May wash walls and windows; hang drapes and screens.
- Strips, cleans, and makes beds.
- Picks up soiled linens from Hospital and Dietary and delivers clean linens.
- Sorts clean linens when delivered by outside laundry service for distribution to proper areas.
- Accountable for cleaning rest rooms.
- Gathers and disposes of trash and waste materials.
- Moves furniture and other objects as needed.
- Cleans Morgue as required.
- Accountable for cleaning and supplying linens for visitor’s cottage.
- Proficient in all isolation techniques.
- Accountable for patient satisfaction/customer service.
- Performs related duties as requested.
High School graduate or equivalent, preferred
- One year experience working in an institutional setting, either health care or military service preferred
- Must be able to perform basic math functions
Current Los Angeles County Fire Card, or within 90 days of employment