Open to our Community
Our Barlow Respiratory Hospital main campus in Los Angeles is open for health-related community group meetings free of charge in our historic Williams Hall.
We also welcome the community for tours of our campus.
Barlow Respiratory Hospital is built upon a legacy of specialized services. In addition to providing specialized medical care, heatlh education and continuiing medical education, we are dedicated to serving our community. We were founded as a charity hospital in 1902 and our first patients received life-saving care free of charge.
Our history of Charitable Services has provided a valuable benefit to our community for more than a century and includes:
- Medical Care Services
- Charity Care
- Support Groups for individuals living with chronic lung disease
- Community Health Meetings
- Respiratory Health Education Programs
- Quit Smoking Programs
- Health Research, Education and Training
- Medical, Nursing, and Respiratory Care Student Training
- Allied Health Professional Continuing Education (COPE BCS/ACLS)
- Health Professionals Continuing Education Training
- Breathmobile, community low-income children’s Asthma clinic site. See the video.
Despite dramatic changes in the healthcare landscape since that time, we honor the legacy of our founding donors by focusing on patient care.Barlow Respiratory Hospital is the only not-for-profit specialty respiratory care hospital in California.
We accept private insurance and Medi-Cal and Medicare. This means we receive much lower payment from government funds for the care of some patients. This is a significant commitment we continue to make in service to our patients and our community.
Total Economic Benefit to the Community $ 2,591,363
Charitable financial assistance for Barlow Respiratory Hospital patients
is coordinated through our Admissions Department.