Open to our Community
Our Barlow Respiratory Hospital main campus in Los Angeles is open for health-related community group meetings free of charge in our historic Williams Hall.
We also welcome the community for tours of our campus, founded in 1902.
Barlow Respiratory Hospital is a community based hospital with a legacy of specialized services. Our history of Charitable Services has provided a valuable benefit to our community since 1902 and includes:
- Medical Care Services
- Charity Care
- Support Groups for individuals living with chronic lung disease
- Community Foundations
- Respiratory Health Education Programs
- Quit Smoking Programs
- Health Research, Education and Training
- Medical Students’ Training
- Allied Health Professional Training COPE BCS/ACLS Training
- Health Professionals Continuing Education Training
- Breathmobile, mobile asthma clinic site for children in the community
Barlow Respiratory Hospital is the only not-for-profit specialty respiratory care hospital in California. We were founded as a charity hospital in 1902 and our first patients received life-saving care free of charge.
Despite dramatic changes in the healthcare landscape since that time, we honor the legacy of our founding donors by continuing to provide hospital care for low-income patients.
Barlow Respiratory Hospital accepts private insurance and Medi-Cal and Medicare. This means we receive much lower payment from government funds for the care of some patients. This is a significant commitment we continue to make in service to our patients and our community.
Total Economic Benefit to the Community $ 2,591,363
Community Benefit Report
Charitable financial assistance for Barlow Respiratory Hospital patients
is coordinated through our Admissions Department.