March 16, 2020 ( Los Angeles ) Effective March 16, 2020, Barlow Respiratory Hospital will
NO LONGER ALLOW VISITORS to enter any Barlow Respiratory Hospital location. This is to ensure the safety of our patients and to reduce risk of exposure. We will only make exceptions for end-of-life compassionate care and pre-discharge training.
We understand this is difficult for family members and know that families want to be with loved ones during their hospitalization.
The vulnerability of the patients in our care makes this precaution essential for the well-being of all patients and staff.
We encourage families to call or video chat as a means of communicating with loved ones who are patients at Barlow Respiratory Hospital. We have made arrangements for video chat calls and will provide access information on request.
Details of Barlow Respiratory Hospital response to Novel Corona Virus (COVID-19) crisis to ensure patient safety and reduce risk:
- Effective at 12 noon March 16, 2020, NO visits are allowed to any of our Barlow Respiratory Hospital locations to reduce the risk of infection for our patients. Exceptions will ONLY be made for end-of-life compassionate care and pre-discharge training.
- We understand this is difficult and appreciate families’ cooperation as we act with an abundance of caution to keep patients and staff safe.
- We continue to adhere to protocols/precautions suggested by Centers for Disease Control (CDC), California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and Los Angeles Department of Public Health (LADPH) and continue to monitor those and other sources for accurate and updated information.
- Our operating policies require staff to stay home when ill to protect others.
- We have instituted a ban on travel and participation in large group events for our staff.
- We have instituted travel, exposure and isolation protocols for all staff related to personal travel to high risk areas, exposure to individuals with cold or flu-like symptoms, or those experiencing symptoms.
- We maintain high standards of cleaning and disinfection protocols and frequent disinfection schedule for high touch areas.
- We maintain a sufficient supply of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to support safe and effective operation for extended duration if needed.
- We have suspended student trainings and have shifted meetings to phone or e-formats.
- We have initiated a ban on visitors to all of our Barlow Respiratory Hospital locations.